Pan Seared Tilapia with High Hook Wine
by Lauren Blacker
- 1 lb tilapia or other white fish
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBS butter
- ½ C white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ C chicken stock
- In a pan heated over medium-high heat with 2 tbs olive oil, place the fish filets down and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear each side until slightly brown with the edges a little crispy, then set aside.
- In the same pan, stir in the shallots and garlic, cooking for about 10 minutes or until the shallots have softened.
- Add in the white wine, letting it simmer for a few minutes, and then add in the butter, lemon juice and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, letting it cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish back in, spooning the sauce over the fish to let it cook in.
- Serve the fish with a spoonful of sauce and a spoonful of shallot mixture. We love to serve this with roasted asparagus or broccolini.